Mid–level Software Engineer – Java / Microservices / Cloud - Global Loyalty & Benefits Organisation - London
Permanent Role – Salary information is available on request
A fantastic opportunity for a Mid–level Software Engineer has become open with one of our best Clients within the Loyalty & Insurance sectors, based in Central London.
Are you a qualified Software Engineer with experience in solid design principles? Do you specialise in core Java technologies and have some recent experience with Cloud? If yes, please carry on reading… Are you looking for your next exciting career change? Would you like to work for a Global Loyalty and Benefits Organisation, where you will be challenged and given the resources to learn and flourish on the job? Well, look no further as the perfect opportunity is right in front of you!
Our Global Client are looking for new talent to join them on a permanent basis, in their new squad of brilliant developers, taking full responsibility for managing the recent migration from old code to more modern microservices along with focusing on many new ideas and features to be designed, developed and tested as part of their new loyalty and benefits schemes.
The role-holder will engage with stakeholders across multiple different teams, as well as key clients, to proactively identify opportunities to add business value. Develop, manage and test the new systems/applications, delivering the highest quality to all business areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate by helping the team to champion software quality and generate fantastic technical vision for our Clients
- Always adopt Agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Simplify problem solving and work with a team to make them a reality
- Work with all internal customer’s in managing expectations, seeking earliest resolutions
- Develop new processes and systems where necessary to improve delivery and service
- Compete all priorities in a timely and organised fashion
- Lead development efforts for new features while maintaining high standards for code quality
- Strategically lead a project team to successful delivery
- Mentor, influence and lead a team of colleagues and partners
- Influencing priorities, for both the team and the end users. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you can advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary
- Use appropriate tools to contribute to the development of systems
- Keep challenging the business and IT groups to ensure solutions are innovative
- Keep abreast of the latest technical Research & Industry insight, ensuring relevant trends are communicated within the Group
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate
- Proven professional industry experience of using databases such as SQL or MySQL
- Experience of cloud-based development, AWS preferred.
- Experience of Microservices
- Great object oriented (OO) skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as pair programming, Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc,
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc
- Experience of working across multiple delivery organisations practising distributed development in a global environment.
- Experience of working multi-disciplined development teams, including external vendors and agencies providing services for projects.
- The ability to demonstrate through examples, the effective management of stakeholder relationships at all levels internally and externally.
Do not hesitate to get in touch. Spaces are filling up fast!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.