Our globally respected client, due to continued business growth, is looking to recruit a confident and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Software Development Team.
The existing software development team is a group of high skilled engineers and scientists who provide support and development of the software used to control generation and processing of data from our R&D facilities.
Initially the role will involve learning our existing software and processes but will evolve to take ownership of these codes and lead to their transformation into a modern framework. Although the role is predominantly internal facing, there are situations that will require technical discussions with customers and suppliers from around the world.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of using LabVIEW in a similar development environment as well as knowledge of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) principles.
Software Engineer - Fortran Main responsibilities:
* Develop a detailed understanding of the software and processes involved in generating customer data from our R&D facilities
* Develop and maintain the existing software, enabling provision of bespoke data processing based on customer requirements
* Provide technical input towards the development of our next generation of R&D facilities control and data processing systems. This will involve development of the requirements, system architecture, associated processes and software, and the migration from our existing capability
* Provide input into technical discussions with customers and suppliers from around the world
* Use good software development practices to develop code that is tested, documented and maintainable, and provide input into the continuous development of our software quality processes.
Software Engineer - Fortran Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* A good degree or equivalent in Mathematics, a Mathematical Science or Engineering
* Considerable experience as a software engineer in a technical/engineering context
* In-depth knowledge of Fortran and Unix/Linux
* Experience developing software using at least one of C/C++ or Python
* An understanding of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient
* A sound knowledge of good practices within software development. For example, version control, testing processes, coding standards etc.
Software Engineer - Fortran Desirable skills:
* Experience developing software that performs 3D spatial manipulations
* Experience working with legacy software
* Knowledge of network communication protocols
* Experience developing real-time software
* Experience defining and delivering a complex software development programme
* Experience of processing large quantities of data
* Experience designing and implementing user interfaces
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Please apply ASAP